Since mid Feb 2018, I quit the academic career and started serving as a priest at the Coptic Orthodox Church in Netherlands.
If you have any inquiries regarding my previous research, please feel free to contact me by email.
I am an Assistant Professor at the Department of Data Science and Knowledge Engineering, Maastricht University. Previously, I worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Twente. My research interests are machine learning, data/text mining, natural language processing, information extraction/retrieval, social media analysis, uncertainty data management, and many others.
In May 2014, I got my PhD from Database chair, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Twente, The Netherlands. My thesis entitled “Named Entity Extraction and Disambiguation for Informal Text: The Missing Link”.
- My application for SoBigData Funded Transnational Access got accepted. As a result, I’ll spend a 2 months fully funded research visit at Sheffield NLP group.
- Our paper “What Does Twitter Tell Us About Tourists’ Movement Behavior? A Case Study on Tourists in The Netherlands and Belgium” has been accepted at The 21st Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2017).
- Our paper “Detecting Hacked Twitter Accounts based on Behavioural Change”, has been accepted at the 13th International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WEBIST 2017).
- Our paper “Truth Assessment of Objective Facts Extracted from Tweets: A Case Study on World Cup 2014 Game Facts”, has been accepted at the 13th International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WEBIST 2017).
- Our paper “ISIS in the Eyes of the Dutch”, has been accepted at the Workshop on Social Media for Personalization And Search (SoMePeAS 2017).
- The 3rd version of our workshop on Natural Language Processing for Informal Text (NLPIT 2017) has got accepted to be held in conjunction with The International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE 2017).
- I joined the Department of Data Science and Knowledge Engineering, Maastricht University as an Assistant Professor.